I enjoy baking and collecting cookbooks. I also enjoy visiting bakeries and kitchen boutiques on my layovers. I am planning on taking a gluten-free baking class soon to improve my skills. I love the art of baking and sharing recipes with family and friends.
My gift guide for the baker includes sugar and spice and everything nice for the baker in your life. Read on to find out some of my baking secrets. I hope you find some inspiration for your gift giving or maybe something lovely for your kitchen.
1. CakeBox is a reusable wooden cake and cupcake carrier. CakeBox will keep cakes and cupcakes safe and intact.
2. Flour Water Salt Yeast by Ken Forkish features recipes for world-class breads and pizzas. The author owns the acclaimed Ken’s Artisan Bakery and Ken’s Artisan Pizza in Portland, Oregon.
3. Flavor Flours is the latest masterpiece by dessert queen Alice Medrich. The book features 125 recipes and instruction on baking with various wheat flour alternatives. I think it is a great gift for the gluten-free baker.
4. Surprise Inside Cakes is a lovely cookbook by Amanda from I am Baker. The cookbook is visually stunning and teaches readers, step-by-step, how to wow a crowd with her signature surprise-inside cakes. Amanda is one of my favorite food bloggers. Check out her blog for some excellent recipes.
5. Whisk pendant charm is a cute gift idea.
6. Huckleberry Stories, Secrets, and Recipes From Our Kitchen features 115 recipes from the popular bakery in Santa Monica, California.
7. Mosser Jadeite Glass Cake Stand is the best way to display a beautiful cake.
8. SILPAT Non-Stick Baking Mat prevents cookies from sticking. It is a must-have item for a baker.
9. Rosalie Stainless Steel Whip is ideal for blending ingredients and beating eggs.
10. Monterey Moderne Batter Bowl is smooth-sided and has a wide mouth for easy pouring. I use the batter bowl for making pancakes.
11. SWEET by Valerie Gordon includes recipes from Valerie Confections in Los Angeles, California. It is a beautiful and inspiring cookbook.
12. KitchenAid 11-Wire Whip is a mixer attachment for lighter, fluffier whipped cream, egg whites and cake batters.
13. The Baking Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum is a comprehensive baking guide and includes recipes for the best cakes, pies, tarts, cookies, candies, pastries, breads, and more.
14. Zenker Layer Cake Slicing Kit will help create an impressive multi-layer cake.
15. Hedley and Bennet Aprons are my favorite aprons designed by a chef. I have a polka-dot and denim design. These are the BEST aprons.
16. PieBox is a reusable wooden pie carrier. PieBox will keep pies safe and intact.
17. Pizza Peel is perfect for homemade pizza every night. It’s sleek and elegant, with softly curved edges. It’s beautiful enough to hang on the wall or display on the counter when not in use, and it’s one of the prettiest wooden pieces you’ll find.
18. Escali Arti Glass Scale is a stylish kitchen scale.
19. Callebaut baking chips are the secret ingredient for the best chocolate chip cookies. Callebaut baking chips are round drops of pure chocolate, easy to melt or temper, weigh, and store, and a divine taste in recipes calling for chunks of chocolate.
20. Emile Henry Pie Dish is the best pie plate.
21. Dough Whisk is my favorite whisk for tackling thick, heavy batters and dough. It looks like a fairy wand and works the dough like magic.
22. Mason Cash Mixing Bowl is beautifully designed. Mrs. Patmore uses these bowls in her kitchen at Downton Abbey. The pattern on the outside helps cooks get a firm grip, and the bowls are just the right shape and depth for beating or kneading.
23. Sugar Rush is a complete pastry course in a book. Johnny Iuzzini shares his tips and recipes in this lovely cookbook.
24. Nick Malgieri Pastry provides recipes for all types of doughs and step-by-step photos about how to prepare them, roll them, shape them, and bake them.
What are some of your favorite baking tools and cookbooks?